During our organization’s 49 year history we have built our system to ensure the survival and vitality of behavioral health services in the San Luis Valley. We continue to develop new programs and services to increase clinical quality and improve service and efficiency that make a difference in thousands of lives every year.
We have worked relentlessly to create a state and regional network with other behavioral health organizations, medical facilities, and community agencies in the San Luis Valley and throughout the state of Colorado to build comprehensive programming and partnerships so we can provide an integrated health service for our clients and community agencies.
We know the next few years will present many changes in the field of healthcare. We also know that, by seeking excellence in everything we do, we can achieve our goals of more accessible and quality care for the citizens of the San Luis Valley.
The Mission of the SLV Behavioral Health Group
To improve the quality of life for the residents of the San Luis Valley
To provide access to quality behavioral health services that enrich lives and promote wellness. We are driven by a profound respect for human dignity and a desire to serve the underrepresented, the disenfranchised, and those who experience behavioral distress.
In collaboration with community partners, we strive to provide excellent innovative services that foster growth and independence. We are proactive and accountable to clients, co-workers, and our communities. Using sound business practices ensures the stability and continuity of our services.
SLVBHG promotes the development of service delivery systems through an approach based upon the following philosophy:
- Mental health services should be driven by the needs and preferences of the client and/or family, and address these needs through a strength-based approach.
- The focus and management of services should occur within a multi-agency collaborative environment and be grounded in a strong community base.
- The services offered, the agencies participating, and the programs generated should be responsive to the cultural context and characteristics of the populations served.
- We welcome diversity in staff and services; belief in working as a family and modeling community.
- We are committed to making the San Luis Valley a place where people are proud of their roots and heritage.
- We are united by profound respect for human dignity, by a desire to serve the underrepresented, the disenfranchised and those who suffer from mental distress.
- We believe people deserve excellence in the services we provide and utilize a holistic, preventative approach that supports people’s lives, strengthens families, nurtures our youth and empowers people.
- We are progressive pioneers that utilize change to find innovative methods of meeting the needs of people including making services accessible to people where they live.
- We believe our work should be fulfilling and satisfying. We strive to offer personal and professional development and provide leadership opportunities.
- We stand on a legacy of activism that rests on a firm understanding that economic strength is the basis for self-determination. Therefore, we incorporate good business practices to ensure stability and continuity for our services.