Our professional, experienced prevention, intervention and mental health teams include psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists, social workers, child and youth workers, therapists, addiction counselors, case managers and others. We work with and welcome clients from all backgrounds and cultures. The SLV Behavioral Health Group is committed to client-centered care, providing intensive and specialized services for young people with behavioral health challenges.
- Comprehensive assessments
- Early childhood consultation in childcare centers
- Psychiatric care and Medication consultations
- Individual and family therapy
- Specialized treatment groups for children and youth for mental health and substance abuse issues
- Behavioral health services in collaboration with our school districts
- SLVBHG has clinical staff who work closely with the schools in the San Luis Valley to help identify resources, facilitate referrals for counseling, and provide consultation. SLVBHG staff often participate when requested by school or family in staffing’s and IEP’s. SLVBHG also works with schools to identify training needs and also has staff that can provide training around mental health issues, suicide prevention, trauma, Mental Health First Aid, and other behavioral health related training.
- Consultation on diagnostic and treatment issues for primary care physicians and other health care professionals
- Parenting programs offering information, education and support
- Home-based services:
- Intensive, home-based family intervention program for youth with emotional issues or mental illness who are at risk of out-of-home placement in the mental health, child welfare, or juvenile justice systems.
- Wrap-around services:
- Individualized case management process that helps families coordinate services and learn to be advocates for themselves and their family members.
- Adolescent Programming:
- Transition Services: As youth with emotional or behavioral difficulties transition from school and home settings, they face the complex challenges and expectations of adult life: finding and maintaining work, establishing new relationships, building a career, and more. SLV Behavioral Health Group utilizes comprehensive evidence-supported practices to guide youth and young adults through the transition obstacle course bridge the gap between child and adult behavioral health services for consistent and coordinated services and supports for young people and their parents.
- Homeless Services: Community awareness and education on what services are available for runaway or homeless youth. Case management services to connect those youth with needed services